Friday, August 6, 2010

Squash Surprise!

A friend of mine has extra squash and tomatoes, so I wanted to post my favorite reciepe to make with those extras!

What you need: 

~ carton of Del Fuerte tomato sauce (I find it in the mexican section at Walmart, real cheap)~
~ zucchini and yellow squash diced up~
~diced up tomato~
~onion~
~fresh garlic~
~bag of frozen corn~
~chicken bullion cube (if you want for extra flavor)~

 I first dice up the squash and tomato and put it into a pot, get the sauce poured in. (the veggies will make more liquid as they cook) and add it in along with the bag of frozen corn. Turn it on to a low boil and then turn it down to simmer. As this is cooking I saute the diced up onions and fresh garlic together, when its nice and browed I then add it to the mix. along with the bullion cube, chopped up.

The best thing about this is you can add whatever you want. I once added some diced cabbage I had as well. very simple and very quick.



No comments: